At present, we’re focused on elementary math. Our aim is to ensure students master the fundamentals early so they have a strong foundation to learn advanced math much faster than in typical programs.
But this is not to say that we don't have unexpected, advanced mathematical surprises in what we present. If it is natural for a piece of material to pursue a natural next question, even if it not part of the usual curriculum, we do!
Here’re the specific subjects that we’ll cover in the 2023/2024 school year:
3rd- through early 6th-grade math, including:
- The History of Numbers
- Our Decimal System
- Multidigit Operations: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division
- Negative Numbers
- Order of Operations
- Rounding, Estimation, and Comparison
- Introduction to Fractions and Mixed Numbers
- Figurate Numbers, Prime Numbers, Composite Numbers
- Even and Odd Numbers: Parity
- Early Geometry
- Early Probability Theory
All of these topics will be couched in problem-solving and learning how to think like a mathematician.